Thursday, 28 June 2012

First Music Task

For reading and research week, we had been given the task to find a copyright free song. So i went onto unsigned.com and found a Hip Hop/Rap band called "mashtown", and their particular song called "Studio Gangtas".



I chose this song because i like the beat and its catchy tune. Also, this is the kind of music i listen to all the time. When i heard this song, many ideas for music videos came into my head. For example, we could do a gangsta or a street like video, or maybe something along the lines of drug use or alcohol.

However, i am not certain that i will definitely use this song for my actual work. 

Song Lyrics
Yo yo

Eh yo first up never second
Throw the heavy weapon
Always repping east side
Shouts at every section
Light skin complexion
Six foot frame
Hold up in my hood tings, you know I love a good rave
I’m just coming in the game bruv
Pissed a lot of people off
Got a big list blad
Steady cussin people off
Act like your hardcore
You think I can’t see you’re soft
I’m CEO baby, when you see me think who’s the boss
Mashtown niggers role strap down never gonna back down blud you should know how it goes
I take a step out of the cab and leave your man on the road
I lick a shot out of the snub and send it right through his nose and right through his clothes
You know how it goes
N’our days all you hear is bang bang on the roads and bang on the roads in broad day
From captain to Broadway
E8 E9 E5 full all day

Sick and tired of studio gangstas always in the booth talking grieve
All home and work jobs
Never move no bobs
Never ever sold a rock in the streets
These little niggers criminal walkin day in my reeves
There aint one big boy like me
And I’ll let my gun go for fifth or for four you think it’s on weed my mash it stakes no time

I do my ting in my hood
I move raw hide
LF LF mashtown when you feel like
E8 E9 bang bang with my goon bags
All them little gangstas, E5 tune blud
Its all 6 9 my hoods on fire boy
Every camp’s got a couple east side rider boys
Well mine too, I got my own gang
I’m strapped down, im a east side rider man
I wear a hot boy up like im a fire man
It’s not constructive
But fuck it
It’s what I do its how I live a nigger does this
When it’s on im always first of the bark shit
You wanna live when im out
You better duck quick
I’ll hit you up
Leave you by your rubbish
It’s not a joke home boy
I’m with targish
I’ll take a chunk out your face
Say nothin

Sick and tired of studio gangstas always in the booth talking grieve
All home and work jobs
Never move no bobs
Never ever sold a rock in the streets
These little niggers criminal walkin day in my reeves
There aint one big boy like me
And I’ll let my gun go for fifth or for four you think it’s on weed my mash it stakes no time (×2)


Analysis 
Target audience for the music may be teenagers around 13-19. Also mostly males will listen to this kind of music, so if i was to use this music, i would associate the video more for males than females. I think this song sounds like street or gangsta music, so i would probably film the video on the street or in alleys. I will target all ethnicities with this song, mainly because most males like or have an interest towards gangsta type music.

There is some swearing in the lyrics, which connotes that it is more hard street kind of music. "east side", connotes that this song is about rivalry and that east side is their territory. "Never gonna back down" connotes that they are saying that they are not going to give up in a fight. "There aint one big boy like me" connotes that he is saying he is the top dog, that nothing can beat him. These are all typical denotations for a male, that's why i will mainly target this music video with this song at males.

The tempo is not too fast, but not too slow. Its upbeat and its got energy which lifts you up.

If i was to use this song in my video, i would probably film on the street and maybe show drug use or alcohol use, because the music sounds street and gangsta. If i was using this song, i would make an impressionist style video.

Permission
I have also sent an email asking for permission, however, I have yet to recieve confirmation back.

No comments:

Post a Comment